2.22.2012

Flu-soother smoothie

On Sunday night I started feeling a little sore throat action, and a few hours later I was full-fledge flu.  I'm gradually feeling better, but whoo, the last three days have been a little brutal.  The kind of sore throat that makes swallowing a Herculean act, pounding headache, achy lower back and hips, hyper-sensitive skin, one of those icky come-and-go fevers where you wake up sweating and freezing in the middle of the night.  What the heck, body?  I hadn't been sick in a long time.  When I was younger, I would often get the flu up to three times a winter!  But I've been taking really good care of myself, so I was surprised when this flu business popped up.  I did a lot of whimpering.  And a lot of smoothie-drinking!  Smoothies are so, so awesome when you're feeling under the weather.  Easy to digest, soothing to the throat and kickin' with all the nutrients and good hippie vibes you need to make you feel better.  This recipe is my current favorite (I'm drinking it as I type this!):
  • 2-4 cups spinach
  • 3/4 cup frozen wild blueberries
  • half an avocado
  • 1 1/2 inches vanilla bean, roughly chopped (or 1-2 tsp. vanilla ext.)
  • small knob of ginger root, peeled
  • 1 tbs. cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. Celtic sea salt
  • 15 drops liquid stevia
  • ice (optional)
Pop it all in the blender, zip away and enjoy!  (No picture because I'm too lazy to get my camera, it's not all that pretty anyway and other excuses.)  This recipe makes a lot of smoothie, which works great for me, but if you're a lower volume guy or gal, you may want to cut this recipe in half. 

Hope everyone is well!

In love -
Mada

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages - Menu