2.06.2012

Beautiful food

As any reader of this blog may have noticed, I get very, very excited about food.  (My friend Joe says I hum when I bite into something delicious.)  Half of the excitement is the taste, but the other half is the appearance.  Take this blood orange:


I mean, WOW!  I could stare at it forever!  So, so beautiful!  The same goes for these soaked almonds:


!!!!!!!

Deeeeeeply appreciating the taste and appearance (and the basic existence) of everything I eat is a huge part of the gratitude I feel every day.  To me, cultivating gratitude means cultivating joy, so it's obviously pretty high on my priority list.  If you take a minute out of your day to take a deep breath and feel real gratitude for just one thing, you'll see how hard it is to stay unhappy!

I am juice feasting today, and this was my breakfast this morning:


The juice of one lemon, the juice of one lime, 1 tbs. Vitamineral Earth and stevia in a quart of water.  Mmmm.  I am grateful.

In love and gratitude-
Mada

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages - Menu