1.24.2012

Meyer lemons + spinach pesto

Hello internet!  I was lost in the wonderful world of snow this past week, and only today did I emerge (ahem 52 degrees what the heck Earth).

So gorgeous, right?

I haven't done too many interesting food things lately, but I did try Meyer lemons for the first time the other day.  The Willimantic Food Co-op, where I buy all my food, had organic Meyer lemons in stock for the first time I can remember and I brought some home.  They were DELICIOUS!  Tart and tangerine-y!  I made lemonade with lemon juice, water and stevia:



And yesterday I made spinach pesto!  I'm a huge fan of pesto (who isn't, really?) and since basil's not in season, I used spinach to make a delicious spread that I devoured almost instantly.

  

 The recipe's basic and variable:
  • 1/2 cup nuts or seeds (pine nuts, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds, macadamia nuts)
  • 2 cups spinach (or kale or other green of your choice)
  • 2 tbs. olive oil
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 2-3 cloves of garlic
  • sprinkling of fresh oregano (optional)
And just throw it in the food processor!  Awesome on collard wraps, cucumber slices, raw pasta.... the list goes on and on.

Today, since it was so warm and beautiful, Claire and I took a nice, long walk down a trail near my house.  Very grateful to live in the beautiful place that I do!

In love-
Mada

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages - Menu