1.10.2012

Introduction / Breakfast for lunch

Hello!  I'm Mada, and here is where I intend to keep a colorful log of all the delicious food I create and enjoy.  I eat pretty much 100% raw vegan.  Sometimes I like to keep things very simple, other times I like to make more complex dishes, but I always love to experiment with whole, organic, living and life-giving foods.  Most of the year, I work on an amazing organic and biodynamic vegetable farm, so a lot of my produce comes from there.  I am 17 years old and live at home with my mother, grandfather, two sisters, brother and girlfriend, so I have a lot of willing (and not-so-willing) taste-testers!

Today I had breakfast for lunch!

'Buckmeal' topped with blueberries and cinnamon.


Live 'buckmeal' recipe:
  • 1 cup sprouted buckwheat
  • 1 tbs. ground flax seed
  • 2 tbs. raw almond butter
  • 1 tbs. carob powder
  • hot (boiling) water as needed
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 6-8 drops liquid stevia
  • 1-2 tsp. cinnamon, according to taste
  • 1 digestive enzyme capsule, opened (optional)
  • dash of maple syrup (or 1/2 tsp. maple flavor)
  • handful of blueberries, fresh or frozen
  • hemp milk (optional, recipe below)
First off, you have to sprout the buckwheat.  You can find step-by-step instructions online.  It usually takes 2-3 days depending on temperature/sunlight.

Extremely haphazard and jerry-rigged sprouting department.
Once you have your buckwheat, combine all ingredients except the blueberries and hemp milk in a food processor and process until smooth and smooth.  You can add water until it gets to your preferred consistency.


Then top with blueberries and hemp milk, recipe as follows:
  • 2-3 tbs. hemp seeds
  • 1 cup water or coconut water
  • stevia to taste
  • vanilla to taste
Blend everything in a high-speed blender until creamy, then pour over the buckmeal.  Enjoy!

I practically drowned mine in hemp milk.  Shameless.

Leftover hemp milk- fridgeward bound.

My youngest sister, Deidre (age 9), made herself this delightful platter as part of her lunch.  I couldn't help but take a picture.  It's so beautiful!


With love,
Mada

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages - Menu