9.20.2012

summer food adventures

Claire's birthday dinner table.
This summer (and spring), I tried lots of foods for the first time.  Here is a fairly comprehensive list:
  • Duck
  • Lobster
  • Sushi 
  • Kohlrabi
  • Lamb
  • Ghee
  • Dragonfruit
  • Mussels
  • Squid seviche
  • Venison
  • Rambutan
  • Sheep's milk cheese
  • Smoked bluefish
  • Breadfruit
  • Passionfruit
  • Guava
  • Grilled calamari
  • Mung bean pasta
And more, I'm sure, that I'm not remembering.  This has been an expansive year for me, food-wise and beyond.  Before July, I had been a strict vegetarian for 5 years.  Clearly times have changed!  Here are some recent food pictures:

Lobster.
My pizza - buckwheat/coconut crust, sauteed onions and leeks, steamed summer squash, black olives and goat chevre.
Claire's pizza - the same except +steamed beets and -black olives.
The king of fruit!  Durian leftovers headed for the compost.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages - Menu