7.16.2012

swift saturday, sweet sunday, mellow monday


Saturday:

Worked 8-2 today, picking and washing for the afternoon market.  Kale, chard, parsley, basil, beets, carrots, mint, rosemary, cucumbers, summer squash, tomatoes, garlic, salad greens, fennel, scallions, baby leeks and probably more that I'm forgetting.  Ran everything through the tubs, packed it up and sent it off to the market.  Brought home kale and salad greens.  Pre-farm breakfast: green smoothie with kale, blackberries and watermelon; a green juice with celery, cucumber, lemon, ginger and stevia; and a mug of ginger tea.  Post-farm lunch (I was SO HUNGRY): simple salad, fresh basil pesto on blond cukes.  Currently making rosemary onion garlic chicken for dinner!  Yummm.  Busy summer day.



Sunday:

It has been a rough and busy week at la casa mia.  Lots of difficult news from various quarters.  An extra day at the farm.  People coming and going and milling around all week.  I feel like I've put 10,000 miles on my car.  Part of me feels like never driving again; part of me feels like going on a roadtrip.  Oh, dear.

But today is Sunday!  And I canceled my one plan, so now I have a free day.  I'm going to do some crafty things around the house, write, get film developed, possibly go grocery shopping and just relax.  I was even thinking about pulling out my typewriter.




Monday:

I took the day off work todayGood decision.  I spent my morning swimming, picking flowers and writing/recording music.  What a great feeling.  Now I'm at Claire's house, relaxing until dinner.  Tomorrow, to the beach!  My father and his girlfriend are renting a house right on the water this week.  Very exciting.

I am grateful for the freedom and wherewithal to run my own beautiful life.  I am grateful for the lake.  I am grateful for abundance in all areas of my life.  I am grateful for the farm.  I am grateful for my car.  I am grateful for the kind people that surround me.  I am grateful for my camera.  I am grateful for summer.  I am grateful for easy sleep.  I am grateful for the goodness in every hard experience.  I am plain grateful.

In gratitude,
Madeleine



pictures: 
wildflowers in a tall mug i made a couple years ago,
claire's skirt hang-drying on the balcony, 
sun-bleached hair long enough to braid,
farm feet, 
breakfast, 
garlic harvest, 
claire after work, 
a recent altar.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful pictures! so happy to have found your blog. especially because I know my husband is going to love that ferocious picture of poppy johnson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! she's very lovable! :)

      Delete

Pages - Menu